Why Use Subsurface Drip Irrigation?
- More efficient water use, SDI saves water with decreased evaporation and deep percolation
- Decreased groundwater contamination, SDI decreases leaching of nutrients carried by over irrigation and poor uniformity
- SDI provides the most effective management tool delivering water and nutrients directly to the plant roots at the precise time and in the precise quantity needed
- Maximizes irrigated acres, SDI irrigates fields from corner to corner and easily adapts to small and odd shaped parcels
- Optimizes plant nutrition, the nutrients carried by the irrigation water are applied directly to the plant roots.
- Minimizes weed growth, SDI Irrigation produces drier soil surface and reduces weed germination
- Enables the use of recycled water without adverse environmental impact. Complies with environmental and public health regulations which prohibit overhead irrigation of certain crops with recycled water.