This position is responsible for providing technical and mechanical support of profile extrusion equipment that is used to produce thin and thick walled plastic piping products for the agricultural irrigation market. The extrusion molding technician will possess the specialized knowledge and experience of tools and equipment that are associated with plastic profile extrusion. The technician will be responsible for ensuring product conformity and quality, continuous operation of the process equipment, line and tooling setup, and line and process troubleshooting. The extrusion molding technician will ensure the functionality of the equipment including feeders, inserter, extruder, vacuum bath, drill stations, caterpillar and coilers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for set-up and tool changeovers on all extrusion lines following strict quality and product performance standards. Specific machine areas include drilling station, coiler, inserter, mandrel, die, etc.
- Diagnoses process problems, tests, and executes the appropriate adjustments within a timely manner to reduce production downtime and maintain line efficiencies.
- Reports production delays and/or mechanical issues to production and QA Manager during the setup.
- Provides support to manufacturing during the regularly scheduled shift and through on-call availability.
- Trains production personnel on setup/technical processes.
- Maintains a list of all tooling and setup sheets.
- Makes recommendations to improve production processes and equipment.
- Responsible for improving production metrics as led by the QA Manager.
- Under the supervision of management, helps to conduct new product and material testing on the extrusion lines..
- Uses mechanical aptitude to coordinate maintenance and repair; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, other specialized electrical equipment, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Performs scheduled and regular preventative maintenance repairs on machines, equipment, and plant facilities including the timely upkeep of all equipment performance and maintenance records.
- Complies with all safety regulations and leads by example.
- Performs any other tasks or responsibilities as directed by management.
The following listed requirements are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made; as business needs allow, enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and 3 years extrusion/technical experience in a manufacturing setting
- Associate’s Degree in a related technical field preferred
Experience and Skills Required:
- 3 – 5 years of extrusion production with strong maintenance proficiency
- Lean Principles and 5S experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills resulting in improved solutions and efficiencies
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude including, machine repair and electrical skills
- Proficient Computer competence (Microsoft Office)
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English
- Excellent planning skills
- Self – Starter with proven results
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Solid decision making skills in accordance to best maintenance practices
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds during line changeovers, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus, corrected vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please send us your resume and cover letter describing why you think you are the right candidate for the job as well as your salary requirement.